Monday, February 7, 2011

Mayumi's Misadventures in Cebu

I don’t know about you but I like to sleep when I am really dead tired. My co-workers may complain about that but I do welcome the tiring feeling and the urge to sleep for a long time.

It is my day off again. As I am writing this now, I am swaying and have that feeling again like I am floating. I like to be tired when I sleep. In fact, it is one of my greatest pleasures. If people would like to treat themselves to go to bars after the whole week of work, I am somehow treating myself for an everyday restful sleep every shift.

Keep in mind that I do a 8 hour shift everyday. I am only human and I also get tired. Then I would always think what my life will be here in Makati. A probinsyana like me is not fit in this hectic world. I just smiled as I remembered the things I did to be here in Makati

There was one time when I was in Cebu and rode a jeep on the way to Ayala Mall. On the way, I found out that I have no money to pay for the fare. Alright…alright it is JUST 6 pesos. When I check on my pocket, I said "OHHHHH MMMYYY GOOODDD". I have only about two pesos only. How will I pay for this ride? So what I do is to sit at the back of the driver. On the way, I handed the driver all the fares that was handed to me. Manong, bayad po. (Mister, this is the fare…) I thought to myself, "This will work…" as I silently planning for my escape. Then when I arrived to the place where I want to be, I quickly went out of the jeep. UNDETECTED! The driver didn’t know a thing. Such a sneaky tactic. I am having some attack from my conscience then.

But what would I do? I don’t have a choice. I am in a limited income then.Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh. Sibaaattt!!! (Bisaya word for ESCAPE) Toinks...What will you do if you were in my place?

Well, this is one of the survival tactics for one probinsyana like me. Still I was living then in Cebu. I have limited money in my pocket. I am on a budget. I promised myself that to stick to my 75 pesos a day budget. I do not want to get help from my parents. I want to stand on my own.

I was preparing my papers for my flight to Makati. You know the drill: medical check up, physical check-up and all the check-ups in the world. At this time, I didn’t have my approval from my dental check up. I went to Colon to see a dentist. Imagine it would take me about an hour just to go to the dentist. I have walked the Mango Avenue to find a dentist but my money is just enough and can’t afford their fee. That’s why I went to Colon. My cousin says that the dentists there are good and affordable. They charge over 500 pesos for just the cleaning! Is that affordable?! To my shocking nerves, I just went through with it. I am really feeling I am really operated in the table. The dentist is not that really gentle with patients. It is just like you are dying. Well I feel like dying at that time. But hell… I need to do it.

Why do they need to have it check up anyways? It wouldn’t affect the work. I think. Oh well.

It was lunch then and I went to a fancy restaurant. Not that really grand. It was just right. I sat there in the corner and order rice and some water. The waiter was waiting for my order (of course that is his job). He was shock when I told him as I set out my viand from the cellophane, "It’s okay. I brought my lunch." That would probably embarrassed me but I was enjoying the look on his face.

Can you imagine a person who is disgusted because you just went there and just ordered a cup of rice? From there on, I noticed how quickly people will judge other people. People are so ignorant sometimes. He doesn’t know that I can afford them. Let us say that I am just practical. Hmmmm….I have to blame my mother for that. I got this crazy stuff from her but it is practical. Wink wink BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment