Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Make Love Not War: Buendia Bus Explosion Incident

The latest bus explosion has created a buzz yesterday. I received the news via SMS from my boyfriend Zero (not his real name). At first, I do not want to believe. When I got to my room and turn on the television, the first thing I saw was the news of the incident. There were four people killed and 14 others injured in an explosion that ripped through a passenger bus along Epifanio delos Santos Avenue (EDSA) in Makati City. 



 With that in mind, it has become the hottest topic at work. A colleague of mine and a fellow blogger, Ron, informed me on how I save his life by asking him to wait for me that day. I was touched for the gesture to acknowledge that. But I am glad Ron and so with my other friends are not part of that incident. We can all hope and pray that it will not happen again.


Of course, questions and theories are now being asked and suggested about this explosion. One, if the bomber would like to strike fear or make a statement, why of all buses would the bomber choose something that doesn't really get the most passengers?


Second, could this another way of diverting the media and the people's attention from the Lozano Case, Vizconde Massacre, Ampatuan Massacre and other unresolved cases? Is this going to be the trend wherein to make a particular case hush-hush the perpetrators of these crimes will just make another scene which would involve innocent people?  


In the future, I hope that everything will be cleared up. May the authorities not give up on these cases and shall not be blinded by fame and money. May the people be vigilant about the events and work with the authorities to resolve the matter. Let us make a difference in however small an action is.  God Bless.

2 comments: