Monday, January 24, 2011

My Trip Home

After 5 years working in the big city of Makati, I finally get to back home for Christmas. Believe me, it is not always easy to file vacation leaves on these days. I, being in a fast paced technical support industry, took about 5 months to finally got a confirmation and I have to compromise by doing some late hour shifts to accommodate this trip. So anyway, off I go to my home town: Mangagoy, Bislig, Surigao del Sur. And yes, it is in Mindanao.

On December 18, 2010, I prepared for my trip and every thing are packed to the "t". I was so excited to go back but then something happened. Yes, I still took an airplane ride of Cebu Pacific Air to Davao City. My flight was supposed to be at 11:30am but it was moved to 3:30pm! It's outrageous! All the while I was waiting, I was writing this blog but haven't got the chance to publish it. I even took the picture of the number of people waiting or the same flight or their flight also has been delayed. I was expecting some sort of compensation but in the end, I only got a Jollibee cheese burger and water minus the cheese! Come to think of it, they should make it a Jollibee Meal with fries!

So anyway, here I am bound to Davao City. I was able to passed by all the familiar places. But too bad, I did not get to stop by and talk to old friends in Davao since I still have about 5 hours travel to my hometown. I arrived at 6:00 pm in Davao City.

Home Sweet Home! We arrived late at night and here I am back in my home town. I saw my sisters and am happy to see them.



In the past, we always fight each other. Now that we lived apart, we missed each other. It is so ironic that we get to value someone once they are so far away. So then we talked about old times and then slept like the dead that night.

By the following morning, papa and mama decided that we go to Tinuy-an Falls. It is the biggest water falls I have seen so far in my entire life. It has about 3 levels of waterfalls and truly majestic. According to Wikepedia, it is approximately 55 meters (180ft) high and called as the Niagra Falls of the Philippines! It even appeared in the International Travel Magazine. Sosyal! 

From the foot of the waterfalls, you will see the this billboard.


Upon entrance of the Tinuy-an Falls, you can already see the first level of the waterfalls.
Walking towards the second level of the Tinuy-an Falls

At the third level of the Tinuy-an Falls

The good Lord I suppose was watching us at that time. I don't know but He give us enough time to travel to Burbuanan, Bislig City, time to get settled in our cottage and enough time to enjoy the view, take pictures and get to the 3rd tier if the waterfall while walking the ramp located at the side of the mountain! It was raining most of the day. It just stop just to allow us to enjoy it. It was a fun day as we ate the usual fare like grilled milk fish, rice, and grilled pork.
My Sisters at the 3rd level Tinuy-an Falls


Me at the Tinuy-an Falls
We ended the day with a night of Karaoke. For the first time I got a 99% score from singing M2M's Pretty Boy! Ohhhh yeah!! Yosh!! Okay. I just made fun with the song. I cheated a bit. I changed my voice and sing really really loud to get a good score.

Papa and Papa's Angels
Looking back that night, I just saw us laughing and enjoying each other's company. It has been 5 years afterall that we haven't been complete in Christmas. Sigh. It is good to be back home. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment